First Aid at Work
This course meets requirements to train First Aiders within the workplace for both low and high risk environments. Training is delivered in a practical way by experienced trainers who will ensure your training is enjoyable and relaxed.
We are approved training providers with the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) and QNUK who are regulated by Ofqual.
What this means for you as an Employer …
You are covered under HSE Requirements* as there is no additional requirement for your organisation to check due diligence when you choose us as your training provider. In other words you can be assured that your employees receive training to required standards.
(*HSE: Selection of a competent first aid training organisation – Due diligence).
As part of our service, we inform you in advance when your qualification is due to expire to ensure you’re aware of when you need to book on your re-qualification training. This service is for both individuals and companies alike.
Attendance on the First Aid at Work Re-qualification course is required to maintain first aider status.
Training can be delivered on site with flexible times for Group bookings and open courses are available in Manchester, Stockport and Tameside
View Available Training Courses
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid at work
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- (i) the importance of preventing cross–infection
- (ii) the need for recording incidents and actions
- (iii) use of available equipment Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with: Injuries to bones, muscles and joints,
- including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- Burns and scalds Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning Anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid
Certificate – Valid for 3 years
Mouth shields are provided for each delegate
Do you have questions? Call us for advice on 0161 672 7250
"Prompt, well prepared, knowledgeable, excellent delivery technique. Defo ask them again for their expertise. Graham was a breath of fresh air instead of the dour training we had previously had"
David Horrocks Heating & Mechanical Manager at Eastlands Homes Housing Trust Manchester, United Kingdom
"Thank you to everyone at Pulse Training Partnership for delivering an interesting and rewarding First Aid at Work course. The venues, trainers and course materials were ideal and we look forward to developing Pulse Training Partnership as our chosen partners in all future training"
John Turner Director William Turner and Sons
"Jayne did a presentation for a group of business colleagues and was very impressive not just for her depth of knowledge but also for her openness and inclusiveness in her delivery. I would highly recommend Jayne and Pulse Training Partnership"
Sue Fernandez Creative Business Facilitator The Business Deign Store
Our partnering approach to training through Pulse training Partnership has been of great benefit to Mastercall. This approach has enabled us to realise our mandatory training targets and has also been a key contributing factor to meeting and exceeding our service levels in line with our company vision ‘To be an Out of Hours provider of choice for integrated care services’. Thank you Graham, Lynne and Jayne for working closely with us and contributing to staff realising their true potential!
"Having worked with Pulse Training Partnership for 2 years now we have found the courses to be in depth and thorough. The bespoke packages designed for our staff requirements makes the whole process painless and hassle free. We always receive first class, professional service combined with the knowledge of the teaching staff. We will be happy continuing our close relationship with Pulse Training Partnership for our training requirements."
Keith Humphries - Health and Safety Manager
Pulse Training Partnership Limited
87 Windermere Avenue
Registered in England
Company No: 8127581.
VAT No: GB 229 8609 70